Nomadic School Resources
Articles, Books, Videos, Podcasts, Music, Graphics, Materials, and LinksFor Teens, Young Adults, Parents, Homeschoolers, Unschoolers, and Alternative Education Providers
Resources Related to Your Rights Pertaining to Education & Home Schooling
Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1948
Signed by 192 member states of the United Nations.
(1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit. (2) Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding,tolerance and friendship among all nations,racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace. (3) Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children
The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
Entered into force in 1990. Ratified by 196 member states of the United Nations
“Recognizing that the child, for the full and harmonious development of his or her personality, should grow up in a family environment, in an atmosphere of happiness, love and understanding. Considering that the child should be fully prepared to live an individual life in society, and brought up in the spirit of the ideals proclaimed in the Charter of the United Nations, and in particular in the spirit of peace, dignity, tolerance, freedom, equality and solidarity.”
- States Parties shall assure to the child who is capable of forming his or her own views the right to express those views freely in all matters affecting the child, the views of the child being given due weight in accordance with the age and maturity of the child.
- For this purpose, the child shall in particular be provided the opportunity to be heard in any judicial and administrative proceedings affecting the child, either directly, or through a representative or an appropriate body, in a manner consistent with the procedural rules of national law.
The child shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of the child’s choice.
- States Parties shall respect the right of the child to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
- States Parties shall respect the rights and duties of the parents and, when applicable, legal guardians, to provide direction to the child in the exercise of his or her right in a manner consistent with the evolving capacities of the child.
Charte des droits fondamentaux de l’Union européenne
Article 14 – Droit à l’éducation
La liberté de créer des établissements d’enseignement dans le respect des principes démocratiques, ainsi que le droit des parents d’assurer l’éducation et l’enseignement de leurs enfants conformément à leurs convictions religieuses, philosophiques et pédagogiques, sont respectés selon les lois nationales qui en régissent l’exercice.
La Constitution Belge (The Constitution of Belgium)
Article 24. §1er
L’enseignement est libre: toute mesure préventive est interdite. [translation: Education is free (or freely available, or free from interference); any measures to the contrary is forbidden.]
La communauté assure le libre choix des parents. [translation: The community offers freedom of choice (with regards to education) to parents.]
Article 24. §3
Chacun a droit à l’enseignement dans le respect des libertés et droits fondamentaux. [translation: Everyone has the right to education which respects one’s fundamental rights and freedoms]
Le Droit à l’Instruction
Resources Related to Community Building
Center for Courage & Renewal
Resources Related to Nature & Nature Based Learning
Universal Declaration of Rights of Mother Earth
Déclaration universelle des droits de la Terre-Mère
World People’s Conference on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth
Global Alliance for the Rights of Nature
Resources Related to Parenting
Section to be updated
Resources Related to Teens & Personal Development
Section to be updated
Resources Related to Young Adults & Personal Development
Section to be updated